spacer
USS Midway: The Floating City at Sea

Event Type: Lecture
Age Group(s): Adult, Older adult, Teen
Date: 11/2/2019
Start Time: 10:00 AM
Description:
 In honor of Veterans Day, join David Ballou from the USS Midway Speaker's Bureau to hear about "The Floating City at Sea." Did you know that only 5% of the USS Midway's crew were pilots? The other 95% operated a floating city at sea - restaurants, barber shops, city utilities, convenience stores, police, hospital, newspaper, hotels, laundry, and much more - so that the pilots could launch when the nation called. Explore this floating city at sea, all within the confines of three football fields!
Library: Poway